San Pedro Landfill Feeding & Education Project
A new school opened in February 2017 by the landfill to provide a Christian education to the children and a better future.
A special thank you to Pastors Ty and Venus Farlow at Compassionate Hope Church of God in W.V. who donated the back packs for the school.
- We are partnering with Pastors Carlos & Mirna Mendoza from Iglesia Evangelica de Santidad in San Pedro to help the 1,200 people that currently live in the San Pedro landfill. The partnership will provide food, clothing, shoes, as well as medical services, government registration for 90% of the residents. As part of our involvement we will be sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Together with other local ministries we provide a weekly meal to all of the families. The immediate and short term plan includes the opening in February 2017 of a Christian school for the 300 children living in the landfill, which otherwise would not receive an education.
Some of the needs are:
- Sponsoring of children $40 per month per child
- Medical sponsorship of $450 per month
- Sponsoring school transportation for the children $260
- School Feeding Program $90 per month per child